Cornmeal, Whole-Grain, Yellow
White All-Purpose Wheat Flour
- Whip the eggs until light and then combine with the butter and oil and set aside.
- Combine the cornmeal and milk, and set aside (soak at least 10 minutes to reduce cornmeal “grittiness”).
- Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder until thoroughly mixed.
- Quickly fold all the ingredients together until you have a moist batter.
- Pour batter into a greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 34-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Crust should be golden.