Beef Bottom Round Roast
Pickles, Cucumber, Dill Or Kosher
Ask a butcher slice the beef to 1/8″ thickness. Each slice should be no less than 5″ wide and 8″ long. Your bacon should be paper thin.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper. Thinly coat each slice of beef with the mustard and slice of bacon. Add several thin slices of red onions and 1/4″ thick pickle at one end.
- Roll up the beef, starting at the onion/pickle end and secure the ends with twine.
- Saute all sides of the rouladen in pan with butter until browned.
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 beef bouillion to pan. Cover and cook in 350 degree oven for 1.5 hours.
- When cooked, remove the rouladen from pan (keep the liquids), cover the rouladen and set aside.
- Add 2 TBSP of cornstarch to 1 cup water (mix thoroughly). Over medium stove heat, gradually add cornstarch mix to pan liquids to thicken the sauce. Once thickened, return rouladen to pan and serve.