Almond Merinque Cookies
Cream Of Tartar
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Bake for 30 min @ 250 degrees, then lower temp to 200 degrees for remaining time. The goal is to gradually bake all the moisture out of the cookies.
- Whip egg whites until fluffy, then add Cream of Tartar.
- Combine sugars, and gradually add sugar to egg whites. This will take about 5 minutes; continue whipping until there are stiff peaks then add Almond Extract.
- Pipe onto lined baking sheet and bake for a total of 1.5 to 2 hours. Cookies should have a slightly firm outer shell. Turn off oven and leave cookies in oven for several hours.
- Store in an air tight container or ziplock bag.